Cocoa Brownies (no chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder or granules
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8″ square baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
In a cup, dissolve coffee in vanilla extract.
in a bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and sift it to get rid of the clumps.
In medium bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, and coffee mixture until well mixed; then blend in flour mixture, don’t over mix. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownies 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack, about 2 hours.
Cut into 16 pieces.